- Courses open to exchange students
- European Community Course Credit Transfer System - ECTS
- Grading Scale
- Academic calendar
- French language courses
- Health Insurance
- Erasmus student Network (ESN) and Buddy System
- Arrival in Poitiers
Faculty of Economics at the University of Poitiers welcomes exchange students who wish to spend a semester or a year studying in Poitiers.
In the context of Erasmus Program, Faculty of Economics has partnership agreements with many universities throughout Europe and offers courses in English, specially designed for incoming Erasmus Students.
Application procedure: once selected by their home university, each student will be contacted directly for application procedure, and all useful information will be provided.
Application deadlines: First semester and full year : 15th of June Second semester : 15th of November
Courses open to exchange students
Faculty of Economics delivers some courses in English. Courses have to be chosen by the Erasmus student before his/her arrival in Poitiers. This choice must be accepted by the coordinator of the home university.
- Download the list of courses open to exchange students [PDF - 466 Ko].
- An analytical description of the courses offered by Faculty of Economics can be found here.
European Community Course Credit Transfer System - ECTS
This system was put in place by the European Community Commission in order to help students make the most of their study abroad experience. It measures and compares academic results and transfers them from one institute to another. The Faculty of Economics of Poitiers has applied this system to all the universities with which it has signed agreements (whether they are European or not).
The ECTS credits are values assigned to each course for the volume of work in each course in relation to the volume of work necessary to complete a full academic year at the institute.
The ECTS grading scale has been put in place by the institutions participating in the pilot program in order to facilitate the interpretation of grades obtained by the students. The ECTS grading scale in no way replaces the grading system already in place locally ; the ECTS grades represent complementary information on the grades given to the student by the institution in which he or she is studying.
|ECTS Grade||French Grade||Definition|
|B||15-16||B "very good"|
|F||< 8||F "failed"|
1st semester : from beginning of September to mid-december,
Examination period : one week in December / one week in January,
2nd semester : from mid-january to beginning of May,
Examination period : mid-may (around two weeks),
Retake exam period : mid-june (around two weeks).
French language courses
Incoming students can follow French courses at the “Center of French as a Foreign Language” (CFLE) of University of Poitiers. Erasmus+ students with a level in French B1 or B2 uncertified will take a course funded by the Erasmus+ program, in limited number. These courses takes place within the Faculty of Literature and languages on the main campus.
Further information on the French center website : http://cfle.univ-poitiers.fr/cours-de-francais/inscriptions/cours-a-temps-partiel-soutien-linguistique/
Contact : email@example.com
An online Accommodation Request Form is accessible on the University of Poitiers’s International Relations Office website, on the following webpage: trouver un logement. The person in charge of greeting international students will send you a housing proposition in a university residence hall or a list of private accommodation offers to consult, if you prefer private accommodation.
For all information regarding housing, please contact:
Tel : +33.(0).18.104.22.168.87
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Students from the European Union: the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) exempts European students from French student health insurance schemes and covers most medical or pharmaceutical costs incurred in France.
- Non-European Students: non-European students staying for more than 3 months are under the legal obligation to buy into the student social security scheme even if they already have domestic health coverage (approximately 210€).
Erasmus student Network (ESN) and Buddy System
Erasmus Student Network (ESN) is a non-profit international student organization. Its mission is to represent international students, thus provide opportunities for cultural understanding and self-development under the principle of Students Helping Students .
The Buddy System is a programme trough which incoming exchange students are matched with students of the University of Poitiers.
The main purpose of this programme is to assist exchange students with practical information on living and studying in Poitiers and to facilitate their integration in the French academic life and the student community : https://esnpoitiers.buddysystem.eu/
Arrival in Poitiers
- Exchange students must report directly to the International Relations Office (DRI) of the university of Poitiers in order to get an arrival certificate and the necessary documents to enter your accommodation (in the case you chose for a room in a university hall of residence). Students are advised to do their best to arrive early in the week during the day from Monday to Friday between 9 to 12 am and 2 to 5 pm.
Address of the central International Relations Office (DRI)
Hôtel Pinet – 15, rue de l’Hôtel Dieu - 86034 Poitiers Cedex
Tel : +33 5 49 45 30 87
- Once you got these documents, please report to the international Relations Office of the Faculty of Economics in order to register as a student. A student card will be delivered.
Address : Campus – Secteur A1 – 2, rue Jean Carbonnier – Poitiers Office 302
Bus N°1 – Stop « Rabelais »
Students are advised to do their best to arrive early from Monday to Friday, 8:30 to 12:00 am or 13:00 to 16:00 pm
To enroll at the Faculty, students have to provide the following documents :
- Arrival certificate signed by the DRI (central International Relations Office)
- Copy of ID card or passport
- Copy of European card of health insurance (CEAM)
International Office at the Faculty of Economics :
• Responsible (office B 313) : Mr Philippe ROGEON
Tél. : +33 (0) 5 49 45 31 57
• Assistant (office B 302) : Ms Marie-Laure ALLIX
Tél. : +33 (0) 5 49 45 31 92
For more information/Plus d'infos
All you need to know about studying in Poitiers!
Tout ce qu'il faut savoir avant de venir étudier à Poitiers
Consulter la rubrique International de l'Université de Poitiers